November 4, 2007

Lazio 0, Fiorentina 1

Much like my face the other night, Lazio was very over-matched in this competition. Fortunately, the fans didn't seem too upset about this, they more accepted the fact their team sucked, then proceeded to blame the president of the club.

"Lotito, Lotito, can you hear me? VAFFANCULO! VAFFANCULO!"

That's a rough translation of the fans yelling at the president (Lotito). I'll let you do your own digging to figure out what vaffanculo means, but feel free to try urbandictionary.com. The chant also just
isn't given true justice without seeing the thousands of people raising their hands in that time honored tradition of the heil Hitler. Lazio is one of the last remaining fascist supported clubs in Europe, along with Ajax and Rotterdam in the Dutch league. I hope it really hurts the feelings of the Nazis when they lose to a team whose jerseys are the same color as Tinky-Winky (that would be Fiorentina).

Despite all this, you better believe the next time I go to a game, I'll sitting (or rather standing) next to the guy holding the large black and baby-blue Lazio flag. Oh, that moat and barrier between the fans and the field? I've already thought of a way, don't worry.

No comments: